ABOUT WORLD FAIRS
World Fairs are international expositions (often called Expos) where nations, civic groups, companies and others host pavilions and exhibits highlighting advances in social, technological and scientific areas of global significance. LEARN MORE →
WHY MINNESOTA IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO HOST A WORLD FAIR
- Expo 2023 will showcase Minnesota’s global leadership in a wide range of economic, social and civic arenas, including healthcare and wellness.
- Expo 2023 aligns with public goals to attract talented people to our region, to promote science and technology-related careers, and to boost tourism, trade and foreign-direct investment.
- Expo 2023 will attract 10 15 Million tourists to our state and generate hundreds of millions of Internet visitors.
- Expo 2023 is a private-public partnership with funding coming from the private sector and significant bi-partisan support.
- Expo 2023’s greatest legacy will be introducing this beautiful state and its people to millions of people from around the world who will remember, appreciate and fall in love with Minnesota and become future students, business owners and citizens. Young people will become visions of the future – tech creators, students, etc. The image of Minnesotans in the world, in addition to the above, will show Minnesota as a wonderful host to the entire planet.