Expo 2023 USA-Minnesota’s site partners are the City of Bloomington and Mall of America
Located just ten minutes south of Minneapolis and St. Paul, the location offers major advantages to a World Expo, including its adjacency to established light rail mass transit, lodging, and attractions and easy and close accessibility to the MSP International Airport.
The location also allows direct access to nature and greenspace, including the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge.
With a beautiful location on the banks of the Minnesota River, the city of Bloomington has much to offer travelers. Sitting in the middle of the Twin Cities metro area of 3.5 million people, Bloomington has the amenities of a cosmopolitan international city. Twin Cities visitors enjoy Bloomington’s many travel conveniences, including its central location, proximity to the airport, the busiest and most connected transit station in Minnesota, and easy freeway access.
The city of Bloomington’s #1 attraction by far, is Mall of America®, the largest shopping center in the United States, welcoming over 40 million visitors annually. This destination boasts 5.6 million square feet of retail space, two connected hotels, over 500 stores and many entertainment options, including the Nickelodeon Universe® theme park.
Another popular Bloomington destination is the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge, spanning 14,000 acres, with miles of hiking and biking trails, prime bird-watching opportunities, and an extensive visitors center.
With all these great attractions, fine restaurants, and convenient location, it’s easy to see why the city of Bloomington is home to over 9,100 hotel rooms within the city itself, and 25,000 rooms within 25 miles of the Expo site.
WHY MINNESOTA IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO HOST AN EXPO
- Expo 2023 will showcase Minnesota’s global leadership in a wide range of economic, social and civic arenas, including healthcare and wellness.
- Expo 2023 aligns with public goals to attract talented people to our region, to promote science and technology-related careers, and to boost tourism, trade and foreign-direct investment.
- Expo 2023 will attract 10 to 15 Million tourists to Minnesota and generate hundreds of millions of Internet visitors.
- Expo 2023 is a private-public partnership with funding coming from the private sector and significant bi-partisan support.
- Expo 2023’s greatest legacy will be introducing this beautiful state and its people to millions of people from around the world who will remember, appreciate and fall in love with Minnesota and become future students, business owners and citizens. Young people will become visions of the future – tech creators, students, etc. The image of Minnesotans in the world, in addition to the above, will show Minnesota as a wonderful host to the entire planet.